As the COVID-19 coronavirus situation continues to develop, we would like to reassure you about the actions we are taking to ensure we continue to provide a ’business as usual’ service.
- Our stores remain open and will continue working as normal for as long as possible. Alternatively, you can choose to order at cef.co.uk for delivery to a location of your choice
- Should one of our stores need to close due to the outbreak, a contingency plan is in place and details will be communicated on our website. Customers of the affected store(s) will be advised by email
- Deliveries from stores and CEF online continue as normal. However, we would ask that if we are making deliveries to a location where people are self-isolating you let us know so we can be prepared and identify how to safely make the delivery and where best to leave the package
- We are in constant communication with our suppliers and are not currently experiencing any significant disruption to our supply chain. Our stores and CEF Online have good levels of stock and these are being constantly reviewed. Again, if anything changes, we will keep you fully informed
Whilst we aim to run our operations as normal, health and wellbeing is our top priority and at the heart of every decision we make. We will be doing everything we can to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19 coronavirus by taking the following steps:
- We will continue to follow government recommendations to ensure we are doing what we can to help slow the spread of the virus
- We will maintain good hygiene practices by following NHS guidance and recommending that customers and colleagues continue to thoroughly wash their hands on a regular basis
- We have made sure that our cleaning and hygiene protocols are even more rigorous than usual, including making sure that all public areas, desks, trade counters, telephones and keyboards are cleaned more frequently with disinfectant
- Alcohol based hand sanitisers have been made available to use in all stores
- All CEF colleagues have been given personal hygiene guidance and are encouraged to take precautions to help prevent catching and spreading COVID-19 coronavirus. Any CEF colleague suffering from the recognised symptoms of the COVID-19 coronavirus infection will be expected not to come into work and stay at home
- As a further protective measure, we have replaced all physical and non-critical business meetings with conference / video calls where possible
If you have any unanswered questions, issues or concerns please contact your local store or normal point of contact within the business.
The continued wellbeing of our customers, colleagues and suppliers remains our highest priority. We appreciate your support and understanding during these unusual times.
CEO for CEF
For more information on COVID-19 coronavirus, please visit the Department of Health & Social Care website.