The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has published the sixth version of its site operating procedures (SOP.
While there are no significant changes to social distancing requirements on construction sites, the CLC has made changes to reflect current government guidance. It has also included details of the current social distancing requirements and incorporated its guidance on the use of face coverings.
With an increase in COVID-19 cases nationwide, the CLC is reminding construction workers of the "importance of social distancing outside of work, in order to protect themselves and others and help keep construction sites open.
Changes to the Site Operating Procedures – Version 6 include:
- Current requirements such as social distancing are referenced on page 1 making it easier to update in future
- The CLC statement on the use of Face Coverings is included.
- Updated guidance on shielding, self-isolation, testing and what to do if a worker develops COVID-19 symptoms or has to self-isolate
- Confirmation that canteens serving food must display an NHS QR Code
- The wording has been reviewed throughout to reflect the fact that social distancing is no longer exceptional, and that in some key areas Government has published more detailed guidance or updated terminology.
To view the Site Operating Procedures, visit the Construction Leadership Council website.