The winter months often lead to higher electricity bills as homes and businesses use more lighting. As an electrician, you can provide added value to your customers by advising them to switch from traditional incandescent, halogen or fluorescent lamps to energy-efficient LEDs this winter for significant energy savings.
What are the benefits of installing LED Lamps?
LED lamps use at least 75% less energy than incandescent lamps. This means lower electricity bills during the dark winter months.
LED lamps have an impressive lifespan, often lasting up to 25,000 hours or more – that’s 25 times longer than traditional light lamps. This means fewer replacements and reduced maintenance costs for homeowners.
LED lamps provide instant, full brightness when turned on. This is especially valuable in the cold winter when homeowners want immediate and consistent lighting.
LEDs are shock and vibration resistant, making them suitable for both indoor and outdoor winter lighting.
How much can a household save by switching to LED lamps?
Here’s a simple example to demonstrate how much a typical household could save by making the switch to LED lamps:
By replacing ten 60-watt incandescent lamps with ten 8-watt LED lamps, the energy savings alone can amount to £90 or more per year.
When you consider that the average UK household will have at least 34 light lamps – there are a lot of savings to be made.
Top tips for installing LED lamps
As professional electricians, you can provide expert guidance to your customers on the benefits and cost savings of switching to LEDs.
· Suggest LED replacements for frequently used lamps like kitchen, hallway, and porch lights. Prioritize replacing lamps in frequently used areas to maximise energy savings.
· Suggest extra warm white 2700K or warm white 3000K LEDs to provide cosy winter lighting.
· Retrofit existing fixtures to be LED-compatible. Replace ballasts and make wiring adjustments as needed.
· Offer to assist with installation if clients need help replacing hard-to-reach lamps.
· Stay up to date on the latest LED technology and products to recommend the best options.
Making the switch to LED is a win-win solution, offering energy efficiency, longevity, instant illumination, and durability. Promoting the benefits of LED lamps can help homes and businesses save money and reduce their carbon footprint. Help your customers stay well-lit throughout the winter while keeping their energy bills in check.
If you have any questions or need assistance with LED lamp recommendations, ask in your local branch.